The purpose of the freesmartphone.org.* D-Bus interface specifications is to provide interoperatibility between implementations and a reliable API contract between all processes.
For details, please see our automatically generated docs that follow right after this page.
For brainstorming, please use our mailing list
- Bus names are all lowercase with
- Object names all lowercase with
- Method and Signal names are CamelCased, e.g.
- Use Get/Set prefixes for accessors, such as
- Use verbs for operations, such as
- Use similar terms for similar operations, e.g.
- Keep the vocabulary as simple as possible, but as large as necessary.
- The use of D-Bus properties is controversial, for now we don’t use them in any of the freesmartphone.org specifications.